PREMIER led an award-winning, 10,000-square-foot historical renovation of Harper Theater as part of a larger redevelopment of Hyde Park, a neighborhood on Chicago’s South Side. The original theater was opened in 1915 as a 1,200 seat vaudeville house. By the early 1990s the movie house and retail complex had fallen into significant disrepair. The University of Chicago purchased the property in 2002 with plans to make this the cornerstone of a revitalized 53rd Street commercial district. The theater’s brick and terra cotta facades were restored, and interior spaces were reconfigured for contemporary retail and office spaces, as well as a multi-screen 389 seat movie venue. A revitalized marquee and new vertical sign adorn the facade, capturing the essence of the century-old building.